1. I went on my second interview with the same school this week. Don't know if that is good or bad. They went from 25 to 5 teachers...kind of made me want to show up in a bikini and pretend it was Miss America and that I had made top 5. Jeremy got his internship...but until I get a job I am set to not move. Whoo hoo for a total repeat of 2 years ago.
2. I've been packing my classroom, but it feels like I'm doing it in vain without another job lined up. If you're reading and thinking "Dang, Emily's been eating the sad Cherrios." Then yes, you are right. State testing scores come in today and if I don't get what I need on my SLT I know my VAM will be junk. Makes me want to do a combo cry/play in traffic.
3. Not that he doesn't do it all the time, but I love listening to Jeremy teach in youth group.
4. If you haven't bought some Italian Cream Cake ice cream you aren't currently living.
5. With the end of the year at hand I've been able to read all my favorite books to the kids this week. We read Dear Mr. Henshaw (super depressing and will never read again) and now we are on Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. A friend informed me that our 3rd grade teacher read us the Judy Blume books we are still in love with over 20 years later. That same teacher, Mrs. Lanius, has a lot to do with why I love teaching ELA so much and would hate to have to do anything else. I went from being a so-so reader (out of fear because my 2nd grade teacher was insanely mean) to loving books, because of her encouragement.
What did y'all love about this week?