In April I signed up for my first Birchbox as a way to discover new products, see what I like, and share what I think about them. April was actually a nice month to sign up because it happened to be sponsored by Women's Health and as a "sample" there was a free year of Women's Health magazine included in the box! Whoo hoo!
April Birchbox by labride featuring juice beauty
Here is a run down of this month's box and what I thought about each product ::
1. Caudalie Divine Oil // This is a dry oil, I'd never used one but the smell is amazing. Unlike my Argan Oil that I use daily in my hair this can be used on face, body, and hair. I've so far tried out my body and hair with the sample. For hair I love the smell, but it doesn't seem to moisturize as much as Argan, then again I need more moisture. However it would be great to control fly-aways. As a body moisturizer I love it and it's amazing smell. The only kicker is the price at a $49 for the full size bottle.
2. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream // I was interest to try out the CC cream since I have been a big BB cream gal for 2 years. The coverage was great, but I would have to go with the lighter color they offer. It almost came off as orange with my olive-ish skin pigment. I didn't like how it felt after a few hours, my skin can get oily and it definitely added to it.
3. Ojon rare blend Deep Conditioner // I love this stuff! Even with the sample I was sent I have used it many times. It conditions amazingly, but if you use too much be prepared to have greasy hair for a day. The next day though you hair will feel amazing. If you have long hair and it gets dried out easy I would totally recommend this, but only if you are up for paying $34 dollars.
4. Supergoop! Advanced SPF 40 Anti-Aging Eye Cream // It claims to firm skin and it does have great sun protection for an eye cream, but I guess I'm just not old enough to shell out $45 dollars for an eye cream just yet. I do like how it feels, but with 20-something skin I couldn't tell a huge difference. I'd definitely recommend this to women 35+.
5. Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Cleanser, Serum, & Lotion // I am in love with this product and totally see it being worth it's price. The sample lasted me an entire week and my skin looked clearer than it has in ages (and tmi it was the time I normally break out crazy). With my Birchbox points I plan to buy this for my next skin care routine.
6. Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons // These were super yummy. I did read another blogger's review that she didn't like them. Jeremy wasn't in love with them, but I really really liked it. I am always looking for really yummy snacks that don't mess with my food sensitivities and this hit the nail on the head. Hail Merry Macaroons are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and organic. I split the sample with Jeremy and the one I had was enough chocolate taste to satisfy my after dinner craving.
If you'd like to join Birchbox click here, it's only $10 a month and really fun if you like samples and snail mail!
This post was not sponsored by Birchbox and I was not paid nor compensated to write it. These are my own opinions and am not affiliated with these brands in any way, I just like to share products I love.