I know every state has it's Christmas festivities, but I so dearly love Louisiana's. Especially since a movie or two have been shot around them (Who else loves Steel Magnolias?). So without further rambling here are some of the top things to do in LA during the holiday season! If you would like to get more information about the festivals click through the photos to get to the websites.
1. Christmas on the River in Monroe-West Monroe.
2. Festival of Lights in Natchitoches
3. Delcambre Boat Parade: a night time lighted boat parade at the Port of Delcambre.
4. Cajun Chistmas in Lafayette
5. Noel Acadian Village Light the Night in Lafayette
6. Christmas in the Country in St. Francisville
7. Festival of Bonfires in Lutcher - for those that don't know about the bonfire lighting on the levees, it is a Cajun tradition that is supposed to show Santa the way to their houses (from what my New Orleans raised mother told me lol)
8. City Park's Celebration in the Oaks in New Orleans