*if you are here from FITBF scroll on down, I did a 2 in 1 post:)
Today at Kelly's Korner the Show Us Your Life topic is Beauty Secrets.
Now I don't have a ton, but there are a few things I do, like for instance:
1. My Nanny told me on my 21st birthday I had to start using Pond's Cold Cream at night to remove makeup and wash my face. And I have ever since, because Nanny said so. My great great aunt has been using it FOREVER and looks no where near her age. Who knows if it is genes or what...but I use it to take off my makeup.
2. To get more volume in my ever so flat hair I part it the opposite direction I wear it when I am letting it dry, blow drying, and (now that it is shorter) straightening it. At the last minute before I leave I flip it the right way. Otherwise I am way flatter way faster.
3. Face masks. There is one cheap mask I find at Fred's for $1 that is an astringent, it clears up blackhead like crazy. I also use a mud mask. Basically any mask that swears to get rid of something and is cheap. They relaxes me...and helps clear up my skin that belongs to a 15 yr old once a month.
4. Don't drink soda. I rarely drink any cokes, only when J is around and I don't have a drink so I sip out of his. Anyway, back to the point. I only drink water or those sugar free flavored add in things for water. I didn't think it was doing much other than saving calories until I went for a facial in January and the first thing the lady said to me when she started was "you much drink a lot of water". Apparently people who know what they are looking for can tell a difference when they look at your skin. I sure can't
1. The TV show/website that I watch/read that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone about is My husband is all the time on my case about watching Real Housewives and that show about the polygamist family, basically any reality show. I'm not embarrassed, but he is for me .
2. An item of clothing that is worn and torn but that I love far to much to throw away is my "skinny" jeans. They are in good shape, but I am not. The only time in my life they fit perfect was when I had my wisdom teeth out and lost 15lbs. Since then I wore them once. My goal is to fit in them, but I like food to much .
3. My grocery store impulse buy is Snickers, or Reese's, I can not resist chcolate. Those are my two favorite candy bars, but I am not biased...chocolate (decent coco) is chocolate .
4. Something I do at work to pass time that I wouldn't want my co-workers to know about is I make lists and paint my nails. I also play on my phone, big teacher no no .
5. One thing in my life that I could give up, but never will is TV, it has gotten pretty trashy (&expensive)but I love watching food shows and History Channel to much .
6. A little indulgence that I have is Orange Leaf fro-yo, it is to expensive but I love it none the less. .
7. The junk drawer/area in my house is two drawers, a closet, and some cabinets in the laundry room. Lord help me! It all has to go when we move. PTL for moving, without it my house would never get cleaned haha. I love the purging that comes with moving .