There are also only about 8 weeks until state testing begins.
Those two caked on top of each other can only mean one thing, there are a lot of parents and teachers at their wits end.
These days thanks to our over scheduled world, constant social media interaction, and the mental hamster wheel we all live in life can become over done at time.
It's easy to get overwhelmed.
I've noticed for myself over the years that not long after overwhelmed I start to see the first signs of sick. It doesn't take too many days of being over scheduled and exhausted to hit that wall where my immune system has had enough and forces me to step back.
There's a way to push the pause button before getting that far.
1. As soon as you start feeling over scheduled mark something off your to-do list, without doing it. Just back out, without guilt. Sometimes we need a "snow day" where our plans are cancelled and we can breathe. The best times to catch your breathe sometimes are when you were supposed to do something else.
2. Take five minutes for a cup of tea, a good book, and just plain silence. Sometimes the best thing I can do for myself if to give myself a little alone time. I was known to turn off the light to my classroom during planning period so people thought I wasn't in there so I could get some nice quiet time in with my work. These days I grab a cup of coffee or tea and just sit and mentally relax for a moment.
3. Take a bath. On really crazy days fill up the bathtub at the end of the day, sprinkle in some epsom salt, baking soda, and lavender oil and just relax. Within 20 minutes you will feel amazing and I promise you'll sleep so much better.
4. Change up your daily routine. Sometimes I swap up when I'm going to the gym, or the type of workout I do. Daily schedules can get mundane, sometimes alternating when things are done can give you the little perk up you need.
5. Have dinner with a close friend or go on a date. Talking with someone about what's stressing you can alleviate some of that stress. Don't bottle up how you feel stretched thin, it will just make it worse. Getting out to eat a nice meal and talk can do wonders for you attitude.
Don't ever feel like you just can't turn something down, when you feel like you need to it's probably time to step back.
A little down time will do wonders for a stressed out soul.