It's finally Friday, and a long weekend!
Let's celebrate with a little weekly recap.
1. We surprised Pop for his birthday last weekend and had a blast, you can read about it here.
2. On my way to Vidalia for this birthday surprise I ended up in a 6 car pile up on the up ramp of a bridge in Baton Rouge. The car that started it was just stopped due to overheating, but seriously they would have known they were overheating before they even started on this bridge... thats how not far up the bridge we were. It turned into over an hour ordeal... which in the middle of an SUV showed up and I happened to be the only one to see the couple exit their car (the first one that started this mess) and flee the scene. Let's me tell you... considering I wasn't injured and my car was the only one not hit (just blocked in and unable to move, and I'm so glad that guy stopped in time) this was pretty interesting.
3. Puerto Rico planning is almost done, we've booked nearly everything that we had to and are now about to start booking for the itinerary. I know what we're doing, it's just a matter of making reservations at this point. The only thing that makes me nervous is the driving situation. Everywhere I've traveled has had great transportation systems, this one though requires a rental car. If you've ever been to any other country or the islands below Florida you know how they drive. It's going to be crazy. Riding in the car with someone I don't know driving freaks me out... so this is really freaking me out. But we must travel, I couldn't be content just sitting in San Juan for days knowing that my Dad's family is from South PR and we could just drive there.
4. Jeremy surprised me this week and a freezer full of beef and pork. The man cracks me up, I always tell him to not buy me food as a treat... but I'll take ribeyes and tenderloin as a present any day. I'm not much of a things person, I just want to have lazy days, travel, cook, and eat really good food.
5. Drivers license renewal was upon me and after dodging an address change for 10 years and keeping it the same as my parents house (since we've moved so much) I finally changed. The only issue, we are looking to buy a house soon so I'll have to do it all over again. Needless to say the DMV was eventful enough yesterday, why they don't have the amount posted that you need for the DL I will never know. I got there, listened to my audio book, saw a sign that said I needed my insurance for all transactions. Left... got it... came back... and they still hadn't called my number. Then I noticed I needed cash (who carries cash anymore?), so I left and went to get cash. I only got $20 because that made the most sense. Turns out it's now 21.50. Joy! I got super lucky though, I was talking to the lady in front of me and when she brought up what it cost and saw the look on my face (that of omg do I have to leave again!) she turned around after taking her pic and handed me $1.50.
Seriously the nicest thing ever!
How was your week?