A Little Life Update

August 27, 2014

It's been a few days since I last posted so I thought I should give a little update.

As far as the baby goes everything is going good, we had an appointment this week and the heartbeat was good. They basically drained me of blood ha!

I haven't had a chance to take a picture for 11 weeks, I tend to do that on the weekend and Dad got really sick so pictures weren't exactly at the top of my to do list.

Now for the Dad update, I posted on Instagram earlier so some of you might have seen it. He finished his last chemo treatment Friday and Saturday woke up with pneumonia. Since his white count from chemo was basically non existent he got extremely sick extremely fast.

By Sunday morning they decided to put him on a ventilator and sedate him. If I'm being honest it's terrifying when your mother calls to tell you to come home and that this is happening. Luckily being put on the ventilator helped stabilize his dangerously low blood pressure, pulse, and O2 levels.

We nearly had a party when Mom and I went in Sunday and saw that for 15 minutes his top blood pressure number had gotten above 100 and had stayed around the 90's for so long.

We've really gotten only tiny bits of good news for days, but it's all been in the positive direction. Of course they always back it up with "he's still a very sick man." The reality of how grave this situation is isn't lost on us. But like I was just talking about with Mom, if we don't focus on the positive we won't make it though this.

We are expecting this to go on for a good two weeks, if not longer. However, they did take him off of one of the blood pressure meds and if he can hold his own without the medicine we are hoping that will mean he eventually gets off the ventilator and out of sedation. Oh it would be the best thing ever to hear him say something off the wall, it's been a few days since I had a chance to fuss at him about something.

And yes, we had a humorous little conversation the other day about how chemo patients shouldn't be mowing the grass at 3 in the afternoon.

I feel like it's my place in life to give him a hard time though, he did call me Tyrone for the majority of my childhood.

All that to say, we would surely appreciate your prayers. He still has a long way to go.