I must admit I love cake. I have actually been looking at a box of cake flour all day wanting to make something. And after finding the 7 Hot Cake Trends on The Knot I am convinced now I must make a cake. According to The Know the seven big trends now are:
1. Butter cream frosted cakes. My mom is probably going to love this one. She hates most fondant cake, but I must admit, I too have had a few raunchy fondant cakes...one being my shower cake Gabby and I tried to save, skanky fondant from WalMart is never good.
2. Chocolate cake for the brides cake. Apparently chocolate isn't just for the grooms cake anymore. Funny though after all my fuss over cake I only had that one bite of the wedding cake and never made it to the grooms cake.
3. Playful lines and two-dimensional style pop art flowers.
4. Dramatic colors. The one they had on theknot.com was white and charcoal.
5. Cake trios
6. Global patterns like Spanish tile. The Knot suggest you use this to honor your heritage.
7. Sophisticated monograms. Monograms seem to be a trend that is going to stick around for awhile, but they are pretty, so why not.