Tonight's post is going to be a quick one.
So hang on tight.
Coconut Oil is basically my love language.
So I thought today I'd share how I like to use it and what types I like to use for what.
My favorite to date is Better Body Foods Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, it has a great coconut taste that is perfect for cooking. It has a wonderful coconut smell and taste.
As far as cooking with this particular brand goes I like using it in my Paleo Lactation Cookies (that I'll be sharing later this month) as well as just a smear on top of a sweet potato with salt and pepper.
For any other cooking, that I don't want a strong coconut flavor in I like to use Tresomega Organic Coconut Oil, it's refined and can be used in medium to high heat cooking.
I use the refined for more non consumption uses and higher heat cooking.
Here's a list of my uses:
- salt scrub
- eye makeup remover - dab a cotton ball that you wet slightly in coconut oil, rub over eye to remove makeup.
- face & body lotion
- hair mask - saturate hair in coconut oil, warm with hair dryer, wrap in a warm towel and let sit for 30 minutes. Wash hair as normal, rinsing with apple cider vinegar
- eczema treatment for the baby
- oil pulling (this is a Jeremy one, I can't stand the texture)
- as chap stick
- heal perineum after birth
- use on nipples when nursing (way better than lanolin)
- increase milk supply
- soothe sunburn
- use it to dilute essential oils
- mixed with baking soda for natural teeth whitening
These are just a few ways I like to use it, but I found a great article from Wellness Mama with her uses that you should check out!
What are your favorite coconut oil uses?