No real agenda.
I can drink coffee out of a cup and not a mug.
1. Last Friday night I went with some girlfriends to La Madeline for the first time. Being served a latte, that I didn't make, out of a real coffee cup was enough to make me want to set up shop at a table. It's funny to think I use to hate coffee, but after marrying Jeremy I can't get enough of it.
2. We tried out a new (new to us) restaurant in Lafayette Saturday, Johnson's Boucanerie. It was the most amazing Cajun take on BBQ. I normally judge a place on 3 go to BBQ joint items, pulled pork, potato salad, and baked beans. I went with my normal sides, but strayed for my first time and got the chicken. It was heavenly, and served on a heaping mound of jambayla. I seriously ate until I felt like I was going to burst.
3. My blog business cards came in. I think I blogged about it Tuesday. I'm so geeked out over the Type-A NOLA conference you wouldn't beleive it. I don't think I'm a legit enough blogger for Type-A, but what the heck, gotta start sometime. Especially since Blissdom shut it doors, and that is where I was planning to go.
4. I know a lot of teachers buy new clothes all the time and rarely re-wear from year to year. I just can't do that though. The cheap side of me holds onto things for as long as I love them. This top for instance, I got it at Target ages ago but just love it so much. I layers so well, and makes my fall loving self so happy.
5. Hello hormones! Nothing says "Emily is losing her marbles," quite like a spoonfull of Biscoff with chocolate chips. Then again nothing hits the spot like Biscoff.
Speaking of which, I need to get some more actual cookies.
Have you dipped their cookies in coffee? It's utterly amazing.