I saw Real Simple's tweet yesterday for Flourless Chocolate cake and decided to put the most popular food trend on it. Here is the cake recipe.
Flourless Chocolate Cake w/ Salted Caramel
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for the pan
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with ¼ cup of the heavy cream over medium-low heat until the butter is melted. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder; whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until puffed and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before unmolding.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with the crème fraîche and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar and serve with the whipped cream.
**caramel adapted from Souffle Bombay
My finished product:
So so so so so good! I actually think I like flourless cake better than regular chocolate cake.