What's new with everyone this week? Here's what's been on my brain.
1. I recently read someone that antihistamines cause an increase in hunger and has connections to weight gain. Every bell in my head nearly burst at that concept. Y'all, I've honestly never had a problem with maintaining a certain weight until about a year after we moved to South Louisiana. Around that time I couldn't figure out why I was non stop sick and had a doctor that wouldn't allergy test me, he just said everyone here feels like that. Take Zyrtec every single night for the rest of your life... um 10 lbs that refuse leave and 5ish years later. That was an awful idea.
So I've quit antihistamines. I'll take something when I absolutely need it, but a nose spray every night and Zyrtec, never again. I'll die first.
Until death appears, I'm going to be using some of my Eden's Garden essential oils. I had a lot of success with diffusing peppermint, lavender, and eucalyptus to get rid of a post nasal drip so that will be my new protocol. I'll keep y'all updated on how that goes.
2. Five Parks Yoga on YouTube is the bomb dot com. Here's my favorite power yoga flow I've been using, they have longer ones, but between toddler and after work needs... an hour is a no go.
3. Has anyone had experience with what they suspected to be a gluten sensitivity? I'm crossing my fingers this weird rash that has come back is allergy related and not food.
For the love of all that is good and holy please don't take away my cake!
I hadn't had a breakout in a long time, I ate like 80% Paleo for years, and then after doing Beach Body and adding wheat back into my diet I've been plagued with this nonsense on and off since Mardi Gras. It fits the description for dermatitis herpetiformis. The only issue is that I'm going to have to wait for yet another breakout to have a doctor look at it. There's an internal medicine doctor in town I'm planning to look into. I might have been covered with this when I was pregnant, it looked very similar but it was all over my legs. Since then I've had it on my hand and wrists... and this week my entire arms.
4. For all y'all with your perfectly posed Easter pics mine was not. Not even a little. The child's Daddy was still at church playing music and we were at home continuing the lamenting over the lack of Spider-Man pajamas being worn to church.
5. I'm starting another Whole30 on Monday in an attempt to get rid of this skin rash situation, or at least rule food out of the equation. Giving up my nice warm decaf coffee sweetened to perfection might be the saddest part of my day come Monday. Anyone want to Whole30 with me?